VEGETABLE TERRINEServes 8 – Calories per portion 60
- 1 aubergine thinly sliced and grilled
- 1 courgette grated
- 1 carrot grated
- ½ kg of mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 can/jar of tomato passatta
- ½ litre vegetable stock
- 1 handful of fresh parsley and tarragon finely chopped
- Slice the aubergine into 1 cm thick slices long ways and place on a preheat griddle or under a grill, cooking until just soft.
- Use the aubergine to line a loaf tin. Over lap on the edges, as you want to use this to seal the terrine on the bottom.
- Start layering the vegetables in the terrine; mushrooms, carrot and then a layer of courgette. If you still have space to fill carry on stacking the layers.
- Continue until you have reached the top of the tin.
Make the sauce:
- Mix the passatta and the vegetable stock with the herbs and pour gently over the terrine base. You don’t need all of the liquid just enough to make the terrine ‘damp’.
- To finish flap over the aubergine and use a extra few slices to cover the top of the terrine.
- Wrap in baking paper to prevent it burning. and place a weight on top of the terrine to squeeze everything together. Leave in the refrigerator over night to set.
- Place the Vegetable Terrine in a preheated oven at 180c to bake for around 40 minutes.
- When cooked or chilled turn out onto a board and slice.