VEGAN BALTIServes 8 – Calories per person 110
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 8 mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 red pepper finely chopped
- 1 green pepper finely chopped
- 2 carrots finely cubed
- 2 bunches spinach finely shredded
- 2 medium potatoes finely cubed
- 6 tomatoes deseeded and finely chopped
- ½ litre vegetable stock
For the paste:
- 4 garlic cloves
- ½” fresh ginger grated
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 handful fresh coriander finely chopped
- 1 tbsp turmeric
First make the paste:
- Put all the paste ingredients into a blender and blend until a smooth paste add a little water or lemon juice if required to reduce the thickness.
- Put the onion into a large pan and cook gently until translucent using a little water to prevent sticking.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms and mix well and cook for a few minutes.
- Now add the rest of tor until the potatoes are cooked, stirring occasionally.
- Just before serving the Vegan Balti add the spinach and mix well.