TAGINEServes 6 – Calories per serving 175 (with couscous 225)
- 1 aubergine cut into 1 inch cubes
- 113g butternut squash in 1 inch cubes
- 113g parsnip peeled and in 1 inch cubes
- 85g dried apricots chopped
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 cans of chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp algave syrup
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 strip of lemon peel
- In a large pan cook the onion and garlic until soft using a little water to prevent sticking. To the pan add the cumin, cinnamon and ginger and stir cooking for a further minute.
- Add the aubergine and cook until it stars to soften. Once the aubergine is softening , stir in the tomatoes, algave, apricots, cinnamon stick, lemon peel and cook for a further few minutes.
- To the pan add the butternut squash and parsnip and bring back to the boil. Reduce the heat and cover the pan simmering for 20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve the Tagine with small portion of couscous if desired.